Sunday, May 29, 2011

Smiles in the Naturopathy Hospital

The Naturopathy Hospital, Tirur, Malappuram District run by Dr. Radhakrishnan is perhaps the best institution in Kerala to equip patients on discharge to face life with more kindness and smile and with much less ill will and calorie intake. The three months my 84 year old mother spent there made her lighter by 10 kilos and stronger in her joints. A congenital asthmatic, Amma was almost fully deaf, which made her to strongly feel inferior and singled out of all crowds. In fact, it was not as much Amma's constant reading habit and beaming countenance that allowed her to survive the laming loneliness in that distant colourless place with a different culture with dignity as the overwhelming love & care, the poor Muslim housewives and their innocent beloveds showered on her. It was not a show but the only possible spontaneous response to a fellow human being who suffered alone and silently. I thank all of them who stood all along by my mother, deep from my heart.

Please see below see of the caricatures I had drawn on two of the many occasions I visited Amma. A fair representation through two aged Muslim locals, a kid, an activist young man and the hospital Guruji :)






5 comments:

  1. It was not a show but the only possible spontaneous response to a fellow human being who suffered alone and silently. I thank all of them who stood all along by my mother, deep from my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ആ പൊന്‍‌തൂലികയ്ക്കൊരുമ്മ..ദൈവം അനുഗ്രഹിക്കട്ടെ... [ഫാമിലി ഫോട്ടോ വരച്ചുകിട്ടിയില്ല :)]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the caricatures! Great work:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pl provide the contact numbers of Gandhian Prakriti Chikilsa Kendram, tirure

    ReplyDelete