Saturday, June 25, 2011

1 minute at the Collectorate ...

11.06.2011 Ernakulam Collectorate
It was the last leg of the Assembly election process for some of us - the accountants.
Clerks dragged crates containing stacks of illegibly filled up forms that already seemed to fray at the ends and turn yellow uncelebrated. Agents of the candidates who cowered just a month back to talk to me were not there to witness the silliness rolled out there, paper after paper. Only two Observers from the North presided over the elaborate nothings that were churned out witnessed by passing penpushers with morose and ashen faces. Only 12 km away, scenes, men and women boringly familiar to those in my own office were again coming to life. Only, the extravagance was smothered , but the human voices more resounding.
I had started to gasp with despair.

In between, I had to do something to escape all the predictables. I beckoned a man looking at me. Then, another. Then, one more....thus so many , some of whom I present before you.. :)

Please smile at them generously.





























4 comments:

  1. In between, I had to do something to escape all the predictables. I beckoned a man looking at me. Then, another. Then, one more....thus so many , some of whom I present before you.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum, as I was reading the narrative I felt a chill run down my spine. It was as if a new detective story were unraveling. I could smell the yellow frayed forms. The moroseness on the ashen faces of the pen-pushers filled my being with fright and a feeling that I knew not before numbed me. I tried to move, but could not. I stood frozen.

    Nothing serious was happening, yet there hung an air of unfathomable urgency with two hawk-like observers from the North watching over the silly ceremony of crates and crates of the illegibly filled forms being pushed by some sullen faced clerks through the cold corridors of the building that the citizens referred to as THE COLLECTORATE. Yes, the Collectorate: that is what they called the imposing structure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. കിടിലോല്‍ക്കിടിലം!!! പെരുത്തു സന്തോസം ഉണ്ടു കാണുമ്പം.

    ReplyDelete